Don't already have an Oxford Academic account? Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
Sign In or Create an Account. Sign In. Advanced Search. Article Navigation. Close mobile search navigation Article Navigation. Volume Email: jdoering uchicago. Oxford Academic.
- Navigating interracial borders : Black-White couples and their social worlds, Erica Chito Childs.
- Quantum Theory of Polymers as Solids?
- Black-White Couples and Their Social Worlds.
- Tropical Capitalism: The Industrialization of Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
- Primary Menu!
Google Scholar. Cite Citation. Permissions Icon Permissions. Abstract This article utilizes a sample of letters to the editor from African American newspapers to investigate racial identity formation.
Childs, E. All Academic Inc. American Sociological Association.
Buy Navigating Interracial Borders Black White Couples And Their Social Worlds 2005
Text sample:. Whites and blacks can be found strolling together as couples even at the University of Mississippi once the symbol of racial confrontation.
- Uses of Literature (Blackwell Manifestos);
- Topologische Gruppen. Teil1.
- Observing Photons in Space: A Guide to Experimental Space Astronomy;
- Buy Navigating Interracial Borders Black White Couples And Their Social Worlds 2005.
- Virtual International Authority File.
- Buy Navigating Interracial Borders Black White Couples And Their Social Worlds !
- Engineer Manual (EM 1110-1-1804). Engineering and Design Geotechnical Investigations!
A33] So does the college social environment foster interracial. Furthermore it is within American communities both white and black and others in between where ideas and beliefs about interracial couples and an oppositional discourse against them continues.
Interracial marriage--United States. : Toronto Public Library
All Academic, Inc. Visit our website, www. Together the essays provide a valuable comparative portrait of Asians across the Americas.
Engaging issues of diaspora, transnational social practice and community building, gender, identity, institutionalized racism, and deterritoriality, this volume presents fresh perspectives on displacement, opening the topic up to a wider, more interdisciplinary terrain of inquiry and teaching.
Table of Contents. Cover Download Save. Introduction: The Interracial Canary pp.
Appendix: Couples Interviewed pp. NOTES pp.